Friday, August 26, 2011

Trip to San Antonio


At the beginning of August Luke and I went down to the San Antonio area to visit my friend Mandi from college.  We had so much fun! We got to experience SO many new things in just the short 3 days that we were there. First we got there just in time for dinner which was Fresh caught Halibut from Alaska(where Mark and Mandi used to live) it was yummy! Luke got to spend some time in the back yard playing with Mandi's kids Donnie and Jacey.  He had a ball playing on their swing set, riding around in their motorized Jeep, and playing with rocks. (yes he is all boy!)

The next morning we woke up and had Moose sausage....YES MOOSE! It was also killed in Alaska....this was very adventerous eating for Luke and I!!! We packed the kids some snacks and then we were off for a fun day at Sea World.  The kids had a blast! They met all the Seasame Street characters, watched the Shamu show, Fed Dolphins, and played in the splash park. I was taking Luke on all the kids rides when he looked at me and said Mommy go see the whales! I guess he had a point.. after all we were at Sea World and I was trying to make him ride the carasouel when all he wanted to do was see the Whales!! So off we went to see Shamu's show! It was really great and he could not quit clapping and saying ooohhhhh so I think he enjoyed it! We were there most of the day and Luke missed his nap, but he was having so much fun I don't think he noticed:)
The last day we were there we went to float in the river.  Well due to the Texas drought when we got to the river there was hardly any water so we let the kids play in the river and Luke again had most of his fun throwing rocks.
This was such a great trip for us! Luke had a great time and Mandi, Mark, and I laughed about a ton of old college memories! We laughed about how times have changed after having kids and how even though life is a lot harder it is so much better.  This was a great trip!






Luke meeting his favorite characters Abby and Cookie Monster (he was a little afraid of them)

Luke, Jacey, and Donnie waiting for the Shamu show to start!


Feeding the dolphins...I love this shot of Luke in between the 2 dolphins!


Luke's first experience painting was with his new friends Jacey and Donnie


Tent time


Moose Sausage YUM!

Luke riding in the Jeep


Playing in the river

Throwing rocks!
 

Chillin on a rock


Running through the river

No comments:

Post a Comment